Who can play for this program?
- We will have U9, U11, U13 and U15 teams for girls in the 2nd through 8th grades.
- Your child should be districted for Johns Creek High School. Admittance of a child outside of this attendance zone requires approval by the board of directors.
- This is a developmental league and you will learn all the basics and fundamentals of this sport.
- Yes, for spring season. Tryouts/spring assessments for spring select teams will be determined by coaching staff and are usually held in November. Tryouts will determine which level of play you are best suited for.
- There will be 2 practices during the week and an optional conditioning workout during the spring season. Practices are at Newtown Park or Johns Creek High School practice field and the days and time are TBD.
- During our “practice” season in the fall we will have 1 to 2 games on the weekend.
- During our spring season, typically games are on the weekend. Games may be held on Saturdays and/or Sundays depending upon scheduling and some games may be scheduled on weeknights. Games may be scheduled on Fulton County school district teach workdays.
- A practice season for lacrosse is in the fall time and runs from mid-August to mid-November.
- Practice season is a perfect time for beginners as they will learn all the basics and fundamentals of lacrosse. For those seasoned players, practice season allows them to brush up on their skills, as well as, not skipping a beat!
- Since it is hard to find field space during this time of year and it’s not our normal season, we play at Newtown Parks and Recreation. We still are Jr. Gladiators.
- Our normal season starts with practice in late January and last until the middle of May. The players are brushing up on the basics and moving onto more advanced moves.
- The following items are mandatory for practice and games: stick, googles, mouth guard, and cleats
- Absolutely NO tennis shoes/sneakers! A player will not be able to participate in games or practices without these items.
All players must have the medical release form completed prior to entering the field for any practice or game. Download, print, and complete the form and bring with you to the first practice.
It is Johns Creek Junior Gladiators Girls Lacrosse Club’s policy that a player will be removed from play immediately in the event that she exhibits signs, symptoms, or behaviors consistent with a concussion and shall return to play only after she has been cleared to resume play by an appropriate health care professional. It is the parent's or guardian's responsibility to seek medical care for a possible concussion and follow the recommendations provided by the health care professional who has examined the player. Parents or guardians should not allow their daughter to resume participation in any practice or game until they've received clearance for her to do so from a qualified health care professional.
The Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents is accessed here.