There are 2 seasons:
Fall season is entirely recreational and traditionally grade based. This is a great time for new players to join the program and for returning players to try different positions.
Fall season begins shortly after schools starts in August and runs through the end of October. Practice will occur twice a week with games on weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays, depending upon schedule).
Sign ups start mid April.
There are "select" and "recreational" teams based on ability, to be determined by coaching staff and possibly assessments/tryouts.
- Recreational teams focus on learning and growth. Playing time is near equal and based upon effort and attitude demonstrated at practices and games.
- Select teams are competitive in a competitive league. Playing time is determined by the team's coaches based upon ability, effort, attitude, and attendance at games and practices.
Practice occurs twice a week with games on weekends (Saturday's and/or Sundays, depending on schedule. The season runs from mid-February to mid-May with specific dates provided once games are coordinated through Newtown Athletics. Games will be scheduled during weekends surrounded by teacher professional work days. We play all of our games versus other feeder programs in a league facilitated through Newtown Athletics.
Sign-ups begin in late fall.
- Practice schedule will be posted approximately two weeks prior to start of season.
- Practice times, days, and location will be determined by field and coach availability.
- 12 vs 12 player teams (U13-U15) will have 2 practices per week, usually lasting 90 minutes.
- 7 vs 7 player teams (U9- U11) will have 2 practices per week, location and duration of each practice to be determined.
- A valid US Lacrosse Membership is required to complete the registration process. Membership must be current through the end of the season and must be validated prior to the player stepping onto the practice field or engaging in any plan. To sign up, renew,or check registration click on US Lacrosse.